Merle Pfeifer was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest and wants to make sure our streams stay clean so the salmon return and wildlife can flourish. Just like they did when he was growing up in this beautiful area.
Sparks Car Care is proud to say we were a Green Business long before the term green was popular. Sparks was recently recognized by the Department of Ecology for being one of the first 32 businesses in the State of Washington to join EnviroStars.
What has Sparks Car Care done to help clean up our environment?
These are just some of the certifications we strive for on a daily basis. It is our belief that responsible environmental behavior and sound business decisions can coexist to the benefit of landowners, manufacturers, shareholders, customers, the people they serve, the environment, and future generations.
- Highest EnviroStars rating possible. (5 Stars)
- All our waste oil is burned in a waste oil heater.
- We do not use chlorinated chemicals.
- We have no cleaning solvents to spill and contaminate the shop.
- We drain and crush our used oil filters.
- We use a hot water washer to clean all our parts.
- We recycle all our metal, wood and paper.
- We use recycled copy and letter paper.
- We recycle our used printer cartridges.
- We do not wash vehicles.
- Shop floors are dry cleaned and wet mopped.
- We recycle air conditioning Freon.
- We recycle our used antifreeze.
- We use a brake washing machine.